Are you new to Drupal?
Do you have experience with Drupal 6 or 7 and want to dive head first into Drupal 8 site building?
Then this all day event is for you. =)
This course will be a fast track covering the fundamentals of Drupal site building using Drupal 8 with an emphasis on using mobile devices to manage and curate content.
By the end of our session you will have a working "mobile friendly" Drupal 8 site on Acquia's DevCloud.
The event will be broken up into 1 hour topics with 5-10 minute breaks in between so you can hangout in the hallway with the rest of the Campers.
This is part of an all-day series of sessions on Drupal 8 for beginners. Be sure to pick all the sessions.
Space is limited, so sign up today!
Prepare for training : Acquia Dev Desktop
Acquia Dev Desktop is a free application that allows you to run and develop Drupal sites locally on your computer and then optionally host them using Acquia Cloud or other hosting services.
Once Dev Desktop is installed, a welcome wizard helps you configure a Drupal website on your Mac or Windows computer using either your choice of several popular Drupal distributions. Save this part for our training!
- Dev Desktop App: The heart of Dev Desktop, the app lets you manage your local or cloud-based sites, including Drupal multisite, and optionally synchronize them with Acquia Cloud. App updates are checked automatically.
- Apache web server: The world's most popular web server
- Percona MySQL database server: The world's most popular database server
- PHP: Multiple versions of the programming language that powers Drupal
- phpMyAdmin: A popular MySQL management and query tool
- 9:00am - 10:00am : Installing DevDesktop
- 10:15 am - 10:30: Introduction to Drupal and the community Slide deck (20min) (this is where you drink your second cup of coffee while I blab on about Drupal)
- 10:30am - 10:50am : Site configuration basics
- 10:50am - 11:20am : Extending Drupal using Modules, Themes and JS Libraries
- 11:20am - 1:00pm : LUNCH!
- 1:00pm - 2:00pm : The Building blocks of Drupal
- 2:15pm - 3:00pm : Introduction to Drupal Views
- 3:15pm - 4:00pm : Closing & Open forum: this is where we can openly cover any question or use case scenarios
Items required to attend:
- Yourself (no holo projections please)
- A working laptop with wifi capabilities, Tablets should be ok :)
- A mobile device to check your work. (optional)
- A positive attitude. =)